Pages

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A new home for my building

Thank goodness for Google Earth.  After freaking out about the unsuitability of the Inland Steel Building for my project, I have found a new site for my semester project at the corner of W Randolph and N Franklin.  This allows me to remain in the heart of the Loop, which is critical to my concept.

I have created a mirror image of the Inland Steel Building to serve as the pattern for my new building.  The views won't be quite as good, but beggars can't be choosers.  Also, now that the main core will be part of the design, I will only need to work on the interiors of four floors instead of five.  I think that is a good thing....but not sure yet.  I am almost caught up to where I was before the meltdown.

No comments:

Post a Comment